- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Simien Mountain massif is a broad plateau, cut off to the north and west by an enormous single crag over 60 kilometers long. To the south, the tableland slopes gently down to 2,200 meters, divided by gorges 1,000 meters deep which can take more than two days to cross. Insufficient geological time has elapsed to smooth the contours of the crags and buttresses of hardened basalt.
Within this spectacular splendor live the Walia (Abyssinian) ibex, Simien red fox and Gelada baboon – all endemic to Ethiopia – as well as the Hamadryas baboon, klipspringer and bushbuck. Birds such as the lammergeyer, augur buzzard, Verreaux’s eagle, kestrel and falcon also soar above this mountain retreat.
Twenty kilometers north-east of Gondar, the Simien Mountains National Park covers 179 square kilometers of highland area at an average elevation of 3,300 meters. Ras Dashen, at 4,620 meters the highest peak in Ethiopia, stands adjacent to the park.
The Simien escarpments, which are often compared to the Grand Canyon in the United States of America, have been adopted by Unesco as a World Heritage Site. Click here for more information.
No details found.
- Hotel and camping Accommodations on Double room basis as per the program.
- Meals on Full board basis in the best restaurants with water and Soft Drinks during the meals
- Transportation with our best conditioned 4WD Land Cruiser for the sightseeing’s and transfers throughout the trip.
- Professional English or Germany Speaking Guides with adequate Travel and Safety experience accompanying all the way.
- local Guides on the spots and Scouts as per the Program.
- all entrance fees
- All camping gears, cook for camping with all kitchen materials
- International and Domestic Flight Tickets, visas and Insurance.
- Expenses of Personal Nature like Alcoholic drinks, Laundry, porters’ fee and Tips.
- Video and Photographing fees
- Services that are not mentioned in the list.